Shanghai Disneyland Rules and Regulations
Please kindly note,
- In accordance with relevant laws, and by government directive, all guests and their belongings are required to go through security screening prior to entering the premises of Shanghai Disneyland.
- Guests to Shanghai Disneyland are expected to comply with ‘Shanghai Disneyland Rules and Regulations’.
- The following items, among others, which include but are not limited to the items listed in this clause, cannot be brought into the park: flammable items; weapons; food items which require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control, food items which have pungent odors (Examples of food items not permitted in the Park include, without limitation, instant noodles that require hot water, food kept in containers with reheating capabilities, and durian fruit); alcoholic beverages; cans or glass containers; oversized luggage; large tripods; folding chairs and stools; animals; articles prohibited by applicable laws and other items that may be harmful or disruptive.
- For details and other points for attention, please refer to Shanghai Disneyland Rules and Regulations as below.
Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our Park Guests, please keep in mind the following:
- In accordance with relevant laws, and by government directive, all Guests and their belongings are required to go through security screening prior to entering Shanghai Disneyland. Please follow security screening instructions from our Cast Members. All personal belongings will be checked and you will need to pass through a metal detector.
- Due to safety concerns, we reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into the Park, and to deal with any unattended object in such a way as we consider appropriate.
- Guests are allowed to bring outside food and beverage items into the Park for self-consumption, provided that they do not require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control and do not have pungent odors. Examples of food items not permitted in the Park include, without limitation, instant noodles that require hot water, food kept in containers with reheating capabilities, and durian fruit.
- Please show common courtesy to fellow Park Guests, our Cast Members (including but not limited to staff and performers) and The Disney Characters, and do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior. Upon occurrence of the foregoing behaviors, you may be required to leave the Park immediately without any conditions.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
- Please respect fellow Guests while queuing. Be careful not to bump into and push others in the queue. The entire party should wait together.
- Proper attire, including shirts, pants/shorts/skirts and shoes must be worn at all times while visiting the Park. Costumes may not be worn by Guests age 16 or older. Clothing that drags the ground is prohibited. We reserve the right to deny admission or remove any person wearing inappropriate or indecent attire, or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- Masks may not be worn by Guests age 16 or older (unless they are for medical purposes). Masks must be worn in a way that both eyes can be fully seen and with unobstructed vision at all times allowing for clear peripheral lines of sight.
- With the exception of designated smoking areas, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is not allowed in the Park. Please refer to Park Guidemap for designated smoking locations or ask a Cast Member for assistance.
- You are responsible for the security and protection of your personal belongings at all times.
- Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under age 16 must be accompanied by a Guest age 16 or older to enter the Park.
- Access to attractions depends upon the safety rules for each attraction (for example, height restrictions and health conditions). To board an attraction, children under age 7 must be accompanied by a person age 16 or older.
- Guests should keep their tickets during their stay at the Park and produce the tickets for checking upon our Cast Members' request.
- Please plan for itinerary according to waiting time and opening hours of the attractions. You may not be able to experience all the attractions during the operating hours of the Park in a day.
Unless otherwise provided by law, tickets and other entitlements are non-transferable and non-refundable without our permission. They are void if altered. The ticket must be used by the same person during its period of validity and is not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. At the Park entrance, we will take photos of you as proof of your identity as the ticket holder. In obtaining Disney Standby Pass or purchasing Disney Premier Access, if you use the official Shanghai Disney Resort app on another person’s phone to scan your park ticket, your photo taken at park entrance will appear in the app on the person’s phone. After you use the official Shanghai Disney Resort app to scan your park ticket, your photo taken at the park entrance will appear in the app. Please present your ticket for re-entry to the Park on the same day.
The following items cannot be brought into the Park:
- Explosive and flammable items (e.g. firecrackers), weapons of any kind, objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (also including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Cans or glass containers (with the exception of small containers such as baby food jars).
- Bags, boxes, containers or luggage larger than 56cm X 36cm X 23cm. On high attendance days or the circumstances so require, we may decline wheeled baggage from entering the Park.
- Carts or other wheeled carriers - with the exception of manual wheelchairs, electrically powered mobility devices with at least 3 wheels and speed lower than 16 km/h; and strollers with dimensions not exceeding 92cm X 132cm.
- Recreation devices with wheels, such as inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, skateboards, scooters.
- Large-scale professional cameras, video cameras and other related facilities; large tripods, folding chairs and stools.
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs). Guide dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, guide dogs may not be permitted to ride certain attractions.
- Articles prohibited by applicable laws and other items that may be harmful or disruptive.
The following activities are not allowed:
- Without our permission,
- The sale or exchange of goods or services, or the display of goods or services for sale or exchange, including but not limited to tour services of any kind.
- The distribution and display of printed or recorded materials of any kind, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign.
- Rallies, themed events, performances, speeches.
- Using handheld camera or cell phone extension poles (such as selfie sticks).
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind except for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Interview activities of any kind without prior authorization, including but not limited to image shooting, filming, recording, interviewing Guests or Cast Members.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation of the Park while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Feeding any animals in the Park, including birds.
- Playing with kites, remote-controlled devices, such as drones and remote-controlled toys.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other acts that may impede the operation of the Park or any associated facility.
- Any activities in violation of any PRC laws.
- We may photograph, film, videotape and/or record in the Park. Your entry into the Park constitutes your consent to be filmed, photographed and/or recorded, and to our use of these images and/or sound recordings, which may capture your portrait and/or voice, for our internal business, administrative and operational purposes or other directly related purposes, for the purposes of meeting the legal, safety or security requirements, or for other legitimate purposes.
- In consideration of safety and order in the Park, or if the circumstances so require,
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave the Park.
- We may from time to time, change the operating hours of the Park or any Park attraction, close the Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to change. If there are mandatory requirements stated in the laws otherwise, then related ordinances will be followed.
For the purposes of these rules, “we” means either or both of “Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited” and “Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited.”
If you have any questions, or in case of emergency, please ask a Cast Member.