Disneytown Rules and Regulations
Welcome to Disneytown. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our Guests, please keep the following in mind:
- For safety reasons, we reserve the right to refuse any bags, parcels or other items from being brought into Disneytown. We also reserve the right to dispose of any unattended objects.
- Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests, our Cast Members (including but not limited to staff and performers) and The Disney Characters, and do not use profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior. Upon occurrence of the foregoing behaviors, you may be required to leave Disneytown immediately without any conditions.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
- Proper attire, including shirts, pants/shorts/skirts and shoes must be worn at all times while visiting Disneytown. Costumes may not be worn by Guests age 16 or older. Clothing that drags the ground is prohibited. We reserve the right to deny admission or remove any person wearing inappropriate or indecent attire, or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests at Disneytown.
- Masks may not be worn by Guests age 16 or older (unless they are for medical purposes). Masks must be worn in a way that both eyes can be fully seen and with unobstructed vision at all time allowing for clear peripheral lines of sight.
- You are responsible for the security and protection of your personal belongings at all times.
The following activities are not permitted:
- Using or bringing explosive and flammable items (e.g. firecrackers), weapons of any kind, objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (also including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- The sale or exchange of goods or services, or the display of goods or services for sale or exchange, including but not limited to tour services of any kind.
- The distribution and display of printed or recorded materials of any kind, or the use of any flag, banner or sign.
- Rallies, themed events, performances, speeches.
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind, except for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Interview activities of any kind without prior authorization, including but not limited to taking photos, filming, recording, interviewing Guests or Cast Members.
- Using motorized vehicles, motorbikes, bicycles, tricycles, carts or other wheeled carriers (with the exception of manual wheelchairs, electrically powered mobility devices with at least 3 wheels and speed lower than 16 km/h).
- Using recreation devices with wheels, such as inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, skateboards, scooters.
- Loitering, barbecuing and putting up tents. Swimming and playing sports games, such as soccer.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation of the Wishing Star Park while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Playing with kites, remote-controlled devices, such as drones and remote-controlled toys.
- Plucking or damaging plants. Disturbing and feeding animals (including birds and fish).
- Bringing animals (with the exception of guide dogs). Guide dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
- Using large-scale professional cameras, video cameras and other related facilities; Using large tripods, folding chairs and stools.
- Using articles prohibited by applicable laws and other items that may be harmful or disruptive.
- Engaging in any unsafe acts or other acts that may impede the operation of Disneytown or any associated facility.
- Any activities in violation of any PRC laws.
- We may photograph, film, videotape and/or record at Disneytown, and use these images and/or sound recordings. Your entry to Disneytown constitutes your consent to be filmed, photographed and/or recorded, and to our use of these images and/or sound recordings, which may capture your portrait and/or voice, for our internal business, administrative and operational purposes or other directly related purposes, for the purposes of meeting the legal, safety or security requirements, or for other legitimate purposes.
- We reserve the right to close or restrict access to areas of Disneytown for safety reasons, such as inclement weather or over-crowding.
- Please comply with all notices, and all instructions and requests of any Cast Member, posted, given or made for the purpose of ensuring safety and order.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to change. If there are mandatory requirements stated in the laws otherwise, then related ordinances will be followed.
For the purposes of these rules, “we” means either or both of “Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited” and “Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited.”
If you have any questions, or in case of emergency, please ask a Cast Member.