Shanghai Disneyland Rules and Regulations
Please kindly note,
- In accordance with relevant laws, and by government directive, all guests and their belongings are required to go through security screening prior to entering the premises of Shanghai Disneyland.
- Guests to Shanghai Disneyland are expected to comply with the ‘Shanghai Disneyland Rules and Regulations’.
Welcome to Shanghai Disneyland. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our Park Guests, please keep in mind the following:
- In accordance with relevant laws, and by government directive, all Guests and their belongings are required to go through security screening prior to entering Shanghai Disneyland. Please follow security screening instructions from our Cast Members. All personal belongings will be checked and you will need to pass through a metal detector.
- Due to safety concerns, we reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into the Park, and to deal with any unattended object in such a way as we consider appropriate.
- Guests are allowed to bring outside food and beverage items into the Park for self-consumption, provided that they do not require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control and do not have pungent odors. Examples of food items not permitted in the Park include, without limitation, instant noodles that require hot water, food kept in containers with reheating capabilities, and durian fruit.
- Guests are allowed to bring manual wheelchairs or electrically powered wheelchairs with at least three wheels and speed lower than 16 km/h (to be used only for the purposes of carrying guests with assisted mobility needs due to disability, advanced age or relevant medical conditions).
- Guests are allowed to bring child strollers meeting all of the following conditions: length NOT exceeding 110 cm, width NOT exceeding 80 cm (both including any accessories or extension attachments fully deployed); designed and used to transport children of 11 years old and younger or with height of 1.4 meters and below on the day of their visit; and designed to be pushed from behind.
- Guests are expected to park child strollers at designated stroller parking areas and are advised to lock their child strollers. Child strollers which are parked at non-designated stroller parking areas may be removed. Lock or chain may be cut if child strollers are found locked at non-designated parking areas.
- Please show common courtesy, both on-site and online, to fellow Park Guests, our Cast Members (including but not limited to staff and performers) and the Disney Characters, and do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
- Please respect fellow Guests while queuing. Be careful not to bump into and push others in the queue. The entire party should wait together.
- Proper attire, including shirts, pants/shorts/skirts and shoes must be worn at all times while visiting the Park. Unless specifically permitted or encouraged by us for special events or programs, costumes may not be worn by Guests aged 16 or older. Clothing that drags on the ground is prohibited. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing inappropriate or indecent attire, or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- Masks may not be worn by any Guests aged 16 or older (unless they are for medical purposes). Acceptable masks worn by Guests must not cover the entire face and must allow the eyes to be fully seen.
- With the exception of designated smoking areas, the smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is not allowed in the Park. Please refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App for designated smoking locations or ask a Cast Member for assistance.
- You are responsible for the security and protection of your personal belongings at all times.
- Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a Guest aged 16 or older to enter the Park.
- Access to attractions depends upon the safety rules for each attraction (for example, height restrictions and health conditions). To board an attraction, children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a person aged 16 or older.
- Guests should keep their tickets during their stay at the Park and produce the tickets for checking upon our Cast Members' request.
- Please note that we utilize Facial Recognition technology in the Facial Recognition lanes at the Park entrance to validate the identity of Annual Pass holders who have opted in to the Facial Recognition Park entry. Annual Pass holders can refer to the Annual Pass Terms and Conditions on our Official Website (https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/annual-pass-rules/) for more details. Guests who have not opted in to Facial Recognition Park entry should enter the Park through other lanes as the Facial Recognition system in the Facial Recognition lanes may capture the facial images of guests walking through such lanes (all photos will be deleted from the Facial Recognition system at the end of the day of such photo capturing).
- Please plan your itinerary according to waiting time and opening hours of the attractions. You may not be able to experience all the attractions during the operating hours of the Park in a day.
Unless otherwise provided by law, tickets and other entitlements are non-transferable and non-refundable without our permission. They are void if altered. The ticket must be used by the same person during its period of validity and is not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. Please present your ticket for re-entry to the Park within valid term of the ticket.
At the Park’s Main Entrance, we will take photos of you as proof of your identity as the ticket holder, and refusal of taking such photos will disable you (i) to enjoy certain value-added services within the Park including but not limited to use of Disney Premier Access, and (ii) to enjoy certain entitlements whereby photo identity is necessary for operational purpose including but not limited to re-entry within the valid term of the ticket, revisit the Park within a specified period of time (if applicable), etc.. We may also use your photos taken at the Park’s Main Entrance for administrative and internal or external investigation purposes where necessary. After you use the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App to scan your park ticket, your photo taken at the Park’s Main Entrance will appear in the App. When you enjoy attractions such as TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue and Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure and Zootopia: Hot Pursuit, as part of the experience, fun photos of you may be captured by the automated imaging facility to save your enjoyable moment in the Shanghai Disneyland. Your image may be captured when you interact with Stitch at the Stitch Encounter. We also offer Disney PhotoPass Service at PhotoPass locations in the Shanghai Disneyland. Disney PhotoPass photographers can help capture your fun photos when you meet with Disney characters and enjoy your time in the Park. You may visit www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/guest-services/photo-pass-service/ and www.magicalphotos.cn/privacy-policy to learn about the details of Disney PhotoPass Service.
The following items cannot be brought into the Park:
- Explosive and flammable items (e.g. firecrackers), knives of any kind, weapons of any kind, objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (also including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Cans or glass containers (with the exception of small containers such as baby food jars).
- Bags, boxes, containers or luggage larger than 56cm X 36cm X 23cm.
- Wheeled luggage of any size.
- Carriers or vehicles except for those explicitly permitted (regardless of their sizes except for the otherwise specified sizes of child strollers), including but not limited to wagons, stroller wagons, carts, children’s tricycles, wheeled carriers, stroller suitcases, any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled or towed by an electric conveyance vehicle, wheelchair, stroller or person, and strollers with length exceeding 110 cm, width exceeding 80 cm (both including any accessories or extension attachments fully deployed).
- Recreation devices with wheels, such as inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, skateboards, scooters.
- Kites, remote-controlled devices, such as drones and remote-controlled toys.
- Cameras and video cameras that may cause safety hazards to others, impede the operation of the park or any associated facilities, or disturb the overall guest environment, as well as professional photography and video-related equipment including but not limited to the following types: all tripods, with tripods or any extendable selfie sticks and stabilizers, any form of professional or commercial stabilizer, lighting equipment, etc.
- Folding chairs and stools.
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs). Guide dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, guide dogs may not be permitted to ride certain attractions.
- Articles prohibited by applicable laws and other items that may be harmful or disruptive.
The following activities are not allowed:
- Without our permission,
- The sale or exchange of goods or services, or the display of goods or services for sale or exchange, or solicitation for sale or exchange of goods or services, whereby goods include but not limited to Disney-branded merchandise, and services include but not limited to tour services or photography services of any kind.
- The distribution and display of printed or recorded materials of any kind, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign.
- Rallies, themed events, performances, speeches.
- Pulling of any permitted carriers or vehicles (including permitted strollers) behind oneself.
- Using any permitted carriers or vehicles (including permitted strollers) to exclusively transport personal belongings, merchandise, or other physical items.
- Using handheld camera or cell phone extension poles (such as selfie sticks).
- Photography, videotaping, recording or live broadcasting of any kind except for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Interview activities of any kind without prior authorization, including but not limited to image shooting, filming, recording, interviewing Guests or Cast Members.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation of the Park while posing as or portraying any Disney characters.
- Feeding any animals in the Park, including birds.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other acts that may impede the operation of the Park or any associated facility.
- Any activities in violation of any PRC laws.
- We may photograph, film, videotape and/or record in the Park at any time. Your entry into the Park constitutes your consent to be filmed, photographed and/or recorded, and to our use of these images and/or sound recordings, which may capture your likeness and/or voice, for our internal business, administrative and operational purposes or other directly related purposes, for the purposes of meeting legal, safety or security requirements, or for other legitimate purposes.
- We reserve the right to deny admission to any person, or to require a person already admitted, to leave the Park immediately, without refund or compensation, for failure to comply with any of the Park rules or specific rules for Annual Pass, Disney Standby Pass, Disney Premier Access, Early Park Entry Pass, Disney Concierge Services, Disney Premier Tours or other entitlements, for unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
- In consideration of capacity, extreme weather including but not limited to typhoon (when a blue alert for typhoon or above is issued by Shanghai Meteorological Centre or Pudong Meteorological Station), high temperature (when an orange alert for high temperature or above is issued by Shanghai Meteorological Centre or Pudong Meteorological Station), air pollution (when a blue alert for heavy air pollution or above is issued by Shanghai Meteorological Centre or Pudong Meteorological Station or when Air Quality Index published by Shanghai Environmental Monitoring Centre or Shanghai Meteorological Centre exceeds 300), special events, safety or order in the Park, or if the circumstances so require,
- We may from time to time, change the operating hours of the Park or any Park attraction, close the Park or any part of it to the general public temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program.
- We reserve the right to deny admission to any person, or to require a person already admitted to leave the Park.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to change. If there are mandatory requirements stated in the laws otherwise, then related ordinances will be followed.
For the purposes of these rules, “we” means either or both of “Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited” and “Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited.”
If you have any questions, or in case of emergency, please ask a Cast Member.