Required pandemic measures
Shanghai Disney Resort continues its enhanced health and safety measures, in accordance with the latest government regulations and guidance. All guests are advised to strictly follow these measures in support of a safe and happy experience for everyone visiting the resort.
- All locations operate at controlled capacity during this period;
- All guests, regardless of age, will be required to present a green Shanghai Health QR Code (“Suishenma”) and a negative Nucleic Acid Test (NAT) taken within 72 hours (from result time) prior to entering Shanghai Disney Resort. In order to comply with government guidelines for tourism destinations, proof of a negative NAT taken within 72 hours is mandatory (we are not able to accept proof of 24 hour NAT sampling in lieu of a valid negative NAT result). Guests are strongly recommended to register for their Shanghai Health QR Code via the Suishenban App, Weixin/WeChat or Alipay prior to their arrival. For guests without a smart phone, please bundle your QR code with a family member via the Suishenban App, Weixin/WeChat or Alipay, and an offline Suishenma, applied via the Government Online-Offline Shanghai (“Yiwangtongban”) platform, with valid NAT information will also be accepted. Guests using the offline Suishenma will be required to present it to our onsite Cast to scan and verify the information as well as to present a valid government ID at the same time;
- All guests will also be required to scan the “Venue Code” and present a green code to Cast, or present the Shanghai Health QR Code to onsite Cast for scanning to confirm the validity, upon entering Shanghai Disney Resort. Additional scanning of the Venue Code may also be required upon entering different locations across the resort;
- According to The Covid-19 Prevention and Control Guidelines for A-level Scenic Spots in Shanghai(Second Edition of 2022), all guests who have a history of overseas travel and residence within 10 days prior to their visits or have a history of travel or residence in the counties (cities, districts or banners) where high and medium-risks areas are located within 7 days prior to their visits may not be allowed to enter Shanghai Disney Resort.
- All guests entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to follow the resort’s pandemic control and prevention requirements. Additionally, all hotel guests, regardless of age, will be required to present their green Shanghai Health QR Code, a negative Nucleic Acid Test (NAT) taken within 72 hours (from result time) and to complete the scanning of the “Venue Code” upon entering the hotels at Shanghai Disney resort each and every time. Only guests who have completed scanning of the “Venue Code” with a green Shanghai Health QR Code and have presented a negative NAT taken within 72 hours will be allowed to enter the hotels at the resort. In order to comply with government guidelines for tourism and hospitality industry, proof of a negative NAT taken within 72 hours is mandatory (we are not able to accept proof of 24 hour NAT sampling in lieu of a valid negative NAT result). Additionally, all guests are required to present their green Telecommunication Data Based Travel Itinerary Card (Travel Itinerary Card) and complete the Health Declaration Form during check-in at the Front Desk and Magic Kingdom Lounge. If you are not able to complete the scanning of the “Venue Code”, or are unable to present a green Shanghai Health QR Code, a negative NAT taken within 72 hours, a green Travel Itinerary Card, or if you have traveled to one of the medium- or high-risk areas affected by COVID-19 in the past 7 days, you may not able to check in. In accordance with local government directives, if you develop a fever or a fever with the following symptoms: cough, cough up sputum, runny nose, sore throat, chest aches & tension during your stay at one of our resort hotels, you will be asked to seek medical attention at a designated medical clinic.
- All guests will continue to be required to undergo temperature screening upon entering Shanghai Disney Resort;
- All guests will be required to wear masks during their entire visit to the resort in both indoor and outdoor settings, except when dining;
- All guests will be required to strictly follow social distancing requirements, and a safe distance should be kept while queuing, watching outdoor performances or dining;
- All guests will be encouraged to maintain good personal hygiene;
- All Cast Members at Shanghai Disney Resort, tenant employees at Disneytown and third-party vendors will be required to undergo regular NAT and antigen tests as well as conduct temperature screening and recording following government requirements;
- Sanitization and disinfection will be increased and strengthened throughout the resort.
Annual Pass Validity Extension Policy and Annual Pass Reservation Flow and Rules
Following a special period where Annual Pass holders were provided with a complimentary extension of the validity period of their pass and the general benefits, the Annual Pass validity extension will end on August 21, 2022. The details of the extension policy is as follows:
- For Annual Passes that were purchased before March 13, 2022 and were still valid on and after March 13, 2022, the extended days is the total number of days from March 13 to August 21, 2022, which is 162 days.
- For Annual Passes that were purchased on or after March 13, 2022 and on or before August 21, 2022, the number of extended days is from the Annual Pass purchase date to August 21, 2022.
Please visit Shanghai Disney Resort Official App or WeChat Annual Pass Mini Program to check your updated Annual Pass validity.
According to the Annual Pass Terms and Conditions, Sapphire Annual Pass and Crystal Annual Pass holders must make a reservation before entering the park. Effective from August 22, 2022, the Sapphire Annual Pass and Crystal Annual Pass reservation calendar will change back to a 90-day window. Starting from the same day, Diamond Annual Pass and Gold Annual Pass holders will be able to visit the park on any day falling under their eligible dates on the Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass Calendar, and they will no longer be required to reserve their visit in advance. However, in accordance with the latest regulations and guidance, Diamond Annual Pass and Gold Annual Pass holders must provide personal information on the resort’s official online channels (https://shdr.cn/df) before entering the park.
Shanghai has a climate with 4 distinct seasons where, depending upon the time of year, it can be very wet and humid or quite chilly. Temperatures range from winter lows of about 10˚C to summer highs above 33˚C.
For a suggested packing list and info on the seasons, check out our Weather & Packing Information for your visit to Shanghai Disney Resort. To check Shanghai’s current and forecasted weather conditions, visit the Shanghai Meteorological Information website.
Get Your Ticket Ready
Get up-to-date information of Shanghai Disneyland Tickets by visiting Shanghai Disney Resort website or downloading Shanghai Disney Resort App.
For a hassle-free entry into the Park, remember to bring the following, and head directly to the Main Entrance:
- The government credential / travel document used to purchase the tickets
- Your original ticket confirmation
If the government credential / travel document was used to purchase more than one ticket, please make sure you have all your travel party with you when entering.
Getting to Shanghai Disney Resort
There’s more than one way to reach your destination at Shanghai Disney Resort. So, consider your options and take the route that makes the most logistical sense for you and your family. Transportation options include:
Stay Close to The Magic
The Disney Resort hotels are just steps from the enchantment of Shanghai Disneyland, as well as the excitement of Disneytown. To make your Disney experience complete, be sure to check out the following Resort hotel options:
Hotel Check-in tips
- Your hotel room will be ready for you after 3pm on the date of your booking.
- Guests of the hotel can enjoy early access to the recreational amenities at Wishing Star Park.
The hotels of Shanghai Disney Resort offer an array of benefits to make your vacation truly magical. Learn more at Why Stay at a Shanghai Disney Resort Hotel?
Maximizing Your Time
How to make your visit more magical? Download the Shanghai Disney Resort App in advance! Buy theme park tickets, see estimated wait times for attractions, view entertainment schedules, browse interactive maps and much more! Or get the Park hours in Park Calendars. And keep up to date on the theme park’s daily schedule of events with a visit to any of the Guest Services locations throughout the Resort.
Find out when and where you might meet some of our most popular Disney Characters. See show times, keep a look-out for Disney Standby Pass and note any changes from the standard attraction availability and show schedule—all at Guest Services..
Dining Options – There’s something to please every palate at Shanghai Disney Resort. Whether that means quick snacks or a fine dining experience, pick a dining option to fit your family’s plans—at the theme park, Resort hotels and Disneytown.
Special Dietary Requests – We strive to accommodate our Guests’ dietary needs at most of our table-service restaurants in the theme park and at the Resort hotels.
For Your Best Experience
Services for Guests with Disabilities – There are various special services available to assist our Guests with physical or cognitive disabilities, throughout Shanghai Disney Resort.
Guest Services – Head to any Guest Services location for theme-park information and assistance on a wide range of needs—including lost and found, baby care and any other concerns that you may have during your visit.
Review basic safety reminders and helpful information for both parents and kids.
Cell Phone Etiquette – To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all theme-park Guests, the use of cell phone extension poles (known as selfie sticks) will not be allowed in Shanghai Disneyland.