Disneytown Rules and Regulations
Welcome to Disneytown. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our Guests, please keep the following in mind:
- For safety reasons, we reserve the right to refuse any bags, parcels or other items from being brought into Disneytown. We also reserve the right to dispose of any unattended objects.
- Please show common courtesy, both on-site and online, to fellow Guests, our Cast Members (including but not limited to staff and performers) and the Disney Characters, and do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior. Upon occurrence of the foregoing behaviors, you may be required to leave Disneytown immediately without any conditions.
- Please supervise your children at all times. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
- Proper attire, including shirts, pants/shorts/skirts and shoes must be worn at all times while visiting Disneytown. Unless specifically permitted or encouraged by us for special events or programs, costumes may not be worn by Guests age 16 or older. Clothing that drags the ground is prohibited. We reserve the right to deny admission or remove any person wearing inappropriate or indecent attire, or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests at Disneytown.
- Masks may not be worn by any Guests aged 16 or older (unless they are for medical purposes). Acceptable masks worn by Guests must not cover the entire face and must allow the eyes to be fully seen.
- You are responsible for the security and protection of your personal belongings at all times.
- With the exception of designated smoking areas, the smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is not allowed in Disneytown. Please ask a Cast Member for designated smoking locations.
- Guests are allowed to bring manual wheelchairs or electrically powered wheelchairs with at least three wheels and speed lower than 16 km/h (to be used only for the purposes of carrying guests with assisted mobility needs due to disability, advanced age or relevant medical conditions).
- Guests are allowed to bring child strollers meeting all of the following conditions: length NOT exceeding 110 cm, width NOT exceeding 80 cm (both including any accessories or extension attachments fully deployed); designed and used to transport children of 11 years old and younger or with height of 1.4 meters and below on the day of their visit; and designed to be pushed from behind.
The following activities are not allowed:
- Using or bringing explosive and flammable items (e.g. firecrackers), weapons of any kind, objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (also including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Without our permission,
- The sale or exchange of goods or services, or the display of goods or services for sale or exchange, or solicitation for sale or exchange of goods or services, whereby goods include but not limited to Disney-branded merchandise, and services include but not limited to tour services or photography services of any kind.
- The distribution and display of printed or recorded materials of any kind, or the use of any flag, banner or sign.
- Rallies, themed events, performances, speeches.
- Photography, videotaping, recording or live broadcasting of any kind, except for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Interview activities of any kind without prior authorization, including but not limited to taking photos, filming, recording, interviewing Guests or Cast Members.
- Using motorized vehicles, motorbikes, bicycles, tricycles, carts or other wheeled carriers.
- Any carriers or vehicles except for those explicitly permitted (regardless of their sizes except for the otherwise specified sizes of child strollers) are NOT permitted to be brought into indoor locations of Disneytown, including but not limited to wagons, stroller wagons, carts, children’s tricycles, wheeled carriers, stroller suitcases, any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled or towed by an electric conveyance vehicle, wheelchair, stroller or person, and strollers with length exceeding 110 cm, width exceeding 80 cm (both including any accessories or extension attachments fully deployed).
- Pulling of any permitted carriers or vehicles (including permitted strollers) behind oneself.
- Using any permitted carriers or vehicles (including permitted strollers) to exclusively transport personal belongings, merchandise, or other physical items.
- Using recreation devices with wheels, such as inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, skateboards, scooters.
- Loitering, barbecuing and putting up tents. Swimming and playing sports games, such as soccer.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation of the Disneytown while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Playing with kites, remote-controlled devices, such as drones and remote-controlled toys.
- Plucking or damaging plants. Disturbing and feeding animals (including birds and fish).
- Bringing animals (with the exception of guide dogs). Guide dogs must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
- Using cameras, video cameras, floor-standing tripods, stabilizers and other related facilities that may impede the operation of Disneytown or other related facilities; Using folding chairs and stools.
- Using articles prohibited by applicable laws and other items that may be harmful or disruptive.
- Engaging in any unsafe acts or other acts that may impede the operation of Disneytown or any associated facility.
- Any activities in violation of any PRC laws.
- We may photograph, film, videotape and/or record at Disneytown at any time, and use these images and/or sound recordings. Your entry to Disneytown constitutes your consent to be filmed, photographed and/or recorded, and to our use of these images and/or sound recordings, which may capture your likeness and/or voice, for our internal business, administrative and operational purposes or other directly related purposes, for the purposes of meeting legal, safety or security requirements, or for other legitimate purposes.
- In consideration of safety or order, extreme weather, special events, or if the circumstances so require, we reserve the right to close or restrict access to areas of Disneytown.
- Please comply with all notices, and all instructions and requests of any Cast Member, posted, given or made for the purpose of ensuring safety and order.
These Rules and Regulations are subject to change. If there are mandatory requirements stated in the laws otherwise, then related ordinances will be followed.
For the purposes of these rules, “we” means either or both of “Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited” and “Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited.”
If you have any questions, or in case of emergency, please ask a Cast Member.