You may register a Disney account through the Shanghai Disney Resort Official Website (“SHDR Site”), Shanghai Disney Resort Official App (“SHDR App”), the Shanghai Disney Resort Official WeChat account and Shanghai Disney Resort WeChat Mini-programs
(collectively “SHDR WeChat Platform”).
Browsing SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform:
- When you register an account through the SHDR Site or SHDR App, we will collect your mobile number in order to validate your identity and we get a confirmation from you that you are at age of 18 or above. You may choose to voluntarily provide us with additional information, including your date of birth, name, country / region of residence, email address, and communication preferences, to enable us to have personalized communications with you, send you customized services and benefits (for example, birthday promotions), and conduct data analysis and provide custom features for you.
- When you use the SHDR WeChat Platform, WeChat will provide us with your WeChat nickname, profile picture, gender and region. When you register an account through the SHDR WeChat Platform, we will collect your mobile number, in order to validate your identity and get a confirmation from you that you are at age of 18 or above. With your SHDR WeChat account, you may choose to voluntarily provide us with additional information, including your date of birth, name, email address, country/region of residence, residence at city level, and communication preferences, for us to better understand you and provide relevant services to you to suit your needs.
When you browse the SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform without registering or logging in to your Disney account, to comply with our legal obligations, we will collect certain network log information, such as your device model, operating system, your browsing and clicking history, and date and time of operation. If you log in to your Disney account, we will also collect your activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences, and network logs information as required by law.Purchase/use of our services:
We collect the following information (either online or offline) when you request to purchase products, services, or information from us. For example:
Feedback and Guest Survey:
- Buy tickets or Annual Passes: When you buy tickets or Annual Passes for Shanghai Disneyland, we will collect your name, Government ID number (such as ID Card number or passport number), mobile number or email address.
- Buy Disney Premier Access, the Early Park Entry Pass or other benefits: When you buy the Disney Premier Access, the Early Park Entry Pass or other benefits (including but not limited to the Disney Concierge Services, Disney Premier Tour), we will collect your name, Government ID number, mobile number or email address.
- Booking hotel: When you book our hotel, we will collect your name, mobile number or email address.
- Payment: If you make payments through SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform, we will collect your transaction and consumption records, WeChat Open ID or Alipay de-identified account information.
- Using map search services: When you are using the “map search” function in the SHDR App, we will collect your geographical location data, so that we may present to you the nearest recreation facilities and services, and you may at any time turn off the authorization for geographical location data and refuse to provide such information, without affecting your use of our other services.
- Annual Passes redemption: To redeem your Shanghai Disneyland Annual Pass in the SHDR App (“Online Redemption”), you will need to provide necessary identity information (including your name, your Government ID number, your age details for verifying your eligibility to use certain services and a photo of your Government ID) and take and submit a profile photo via SHDR App. We will utilize facial recognition technology to verify your identity by comparing such profile photo against your photo on your Government ID. We will not store the photo of your Government ID once your identity has been verified. You also have the option for Online Redemption of the Annual Pass for your child under the age of 18. When you redeem Annual Pass for your child, you will be asked to manually input the child’s name, Government ID number (including your child’s age details for verifying your child’s eligibility to use certain services), and take and submit a profile photo of your child. The personal information you provide to us, including name, Government ID Number and profile photo of you and/or your child, will be stored and linked to the Annual Pass redeemed and used to confirm identity when you or your child enters Shanghai Disneyland.
- Facial recognition park entry for Annual Pass holder: Further, when you, as an Annual Pass holder, opt in to facial recognition park entry in the SHDR App to enjoy convenient park entry for yourself or your child under the age of 18, you will need to take and upload to the SHDR App a profile photo of yourself or your child, as applicable. This photo will be stored and will only be used for park entry purpose. Once opted in to facial recognition park entry, you / your child can enter the Shanghai Disneyland through the designated facial recognition lanes. The facial recognition system installed in the turnstiles of the designated facial recognition lanes will capture your/your child’s facial images and we will utilize facial recognition technology to verify your/your child’s identity by comparing such photo taken at the turnstiles against your/your child’s profile photo previously uploaded during opt-in in the SHDR App. The photo taken at the turnstiles in the designated facial recognition lanes will only be used for park entry purpose and will be deleted from the facial recognition system at the end of the day of such photo capturing. If you choose not to opt in to facial recognition park entry, the Annual Pass can still be used for you to access Shanghai Disneyland normally. However, the facial recognition system in the facial recognition lanes may still capture your facial images if you choose to walk through such lanes (but all photos will be deleted at the end of the day of such photo capturing).
- WIFI services: If you choose to use WIFI services provided at Shanghai Disneyland, then we will collect the MAC address of your device and your mobile number for complying with the relevant legal requirements.
- Hotline /Email services: If you choose to make ticket booking, hotel or catering booking, consultation, complaint or reservation of certain products or services (such as Disney Concierge Service, Disney Premier Tour, Disney Fairy Tale Wedding, etc.) via our hotline or email services, you may need to provide relevant personal information according to the services you request for or for us to verify your identity, for example, your email address, name, mobile number or Government ID Number. If you choose to use our hotline services, we will also need to record the conversations in our hotlines for services quality assurance, internal training, public security protection and other directly related purpose.
- Other Shanghai Disney Resort Services：When you are in Shanghai Disney Resort, we will provide you with various types of services. In order to identify your identity and provide you with certain services (such as park re-entry, Disney Premium Access, Disney Standby Pass service), we will take a photo of you at the turnstile of the Shanghai Disneyland. We have installed multiple cameras in the Shanghai Disney Resort for public security purpose, therefore, when you enter the park, you will enter the recording area and you may be taken photos or recorded videos by such cameras. But such information will not be used for any purpose other than safeguarding public security. We will also collect your personal information as necessary for providing hotel service and other ancillary services such as luggage deposit and vehicle parking services.
You may submit feedback in our visitor survey or interact with us through other means. If you choose to participate in the guest survey, you may voluntarily provide us with your personal information such as your gender, nationality, mobile number, email address, residence, education background, family income range or age range of your children.Marketing service:
If you choose to receive promotions and other relevant information from SHDR and/or The Walt Disney Family of Companies
, we will send you promotions, products and services from SHDR and/or The Walt Disney Family of Companies, as well as recommendation of contents that you may be interested in via email or SMS. You may choose to opt out of such marketing messages at any time.Cookies and Plug-ins:
We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits (“SDK”), application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered. When you are using our application or site, we may collect information on your device model, operating system, non-fixed device identifier, login IP address
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we use third party courier services and need to verify postal address information, or when you book the tickets of Shanghai Disneyland or hotels from third party travel providers, such service providers will transfer your personal information to us. Applicable laws may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.Ad-hoc activities:
If you choose to participate in our ad-hoc activities (such as lucky draw), we will collect necessary personal information relevant to such activities from you, for example, your name, email address, mobile number, mailing address and/or your children’s information. The specific types of personal information to be collected will depend on the specific requirement for each activity.
Back to top of page
If you use SHDR App, in order to collect your personal information as provided above, we will need to access certain permissions of your device as listed out below.Notification:
In order to inform you of information related to the services we provide in a timely manner, we will ask for notification permission. If you use an iOS device to open SHDR App, We will ask for permission of notification when you open it for the first time, if you refuse such request, SHDR App will not be able to provide in-App notifications to you; if you use an Android device to open SHDR App, we will pop-up a window to remind you that SHDR App will send you in-App notifications when you open it for the first time, if you do not want to receive such notification, you may select the notification off option;Location information:
We will ask for permission of the location information when you first launch SHDR App, so that we can present to you the nearest recreation facilities and services and send notification by your location, and you may at any time turn off the authorization for geographical location data and refuse to provide such information, if you refuse to provide your location data, you can still review the park’s map information;Recognition and log-in:
We will ask for permission of Touch ID/Face ID for the purpose of quick login if you use an iOS device to launch SHDR App. You may refuse or turn off such permission and use regular login at any time;Camera:
We will ask for permission of the camera when you use SHDR App to scan a QR Code for ticket linking. If you refuse to grant such permission, you will need to manually input the ticket ID to link your ticket with your SHDR account. We will ask for permission of the camera when you choose to take the profile photo for yourself or your child for redemption of an Annual Pass or to opt in to facial recognition park entry; if you refuse to grant such permission, you will not be able to take a profile photo and therefore, you will not be able to redeem an Annual Pass or opt in to facial recognition park entry in SHDR App;Album:
We will ask for permission of album storage when you download pictures from the SHDR App for the purpose of enabling you to save such pictures in the album of your mobile phone. If you refuse to grant such permission, you will not be able to download pictures from the SHDR App.
Back to top of page
4. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY SHANGHAI DISNEY RESORT
SHDR is the personal information processor for your information collected on the sites and applications
- In order to perform the contract with you;
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- Fulfill obligations as required by applicable laws and regulations, and cooperate with orders and directives of courts and regulatory authorities;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about our products or services or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by using guest survey research and analytics tools;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- Protect our legitimate interests or public interests, for example, for the purpose of pandemic control, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal information that overrides those legitimate interests.
Back to top of page
5. SHARING, ENTRUSTED PROCESSING OR PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Sharing Your Information
We will not share your personal information with a third party except in limited circumstances, including:
- We may share your personal information as required by laws and regulations or as required by administrative or judicial authorities, or otherwise to perform our statutory duties or obligations;
- We may share your personal information to respond to public health emergencies, or to protect the life, health and property security of natural persons in an emergency;
- We may share your personal information which has been voluntarily disclosed by you to the public or other personal information that have been lawfully disclosed to the public;
- when we provide your personal information with third parties in connection with merger, division, dissolution, bankruptcy, the sale of a business;
- With your prior authorization: When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Sharing your personal information with The Walt Disney Family of Companies and/or its affiliated companies;
- Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can provide you with their products and services or send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
5.2 Entrusted Processing of Your Information
In order to provide services for you or effect the aforementioned purposes of use of information, we may entrust our affiliated entities, third-party service providers or partners to process your personal information. When such companies perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising, customer service and IT service, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
5.3 Public Disclosure of Your Information
We will not publicly disclose your personal information without your consent except in limited circumstances, including:
- We may publicly disclose your information as required by laws and regulations or as required by administrative or judicial authorities, or otherwise to perform our statutory duties or obligations;
- We may publicly disclose your information where it is necessary to respond to public health emergencies, or to protect the life, health and property security of natural persons in an emergency.
Back to top of page
6. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Back to top of page
7. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable laws, your controls and choices may include:
7.1 Access, copy, correct supplement and delete your personal information
You may access, copy, correct and supplement or delete your personal information, and you may change your choices for subscription, newsletters and alerts. If you log into SHDR Site, you may enter your sign up page and modify relevant sections by clicking on the “Welcome” button on the home page; if you log into SHDR App, you may enter your personal page and modify the relevant section by clicking on the “Personal information” button; if you log into the SHDR WeChat Platform, you may click “Settings” (the gear button on the right side of your nickname) and access or edit your personal information. You may also contact us by hotline 400-180-0000 (mainland China) or +86-21-3158-0000 (all other countries/regions) to exercise your right to access, copy, correct, supplement or delete your personal information;
7.2 Manage your message notifications
You may choose whether to receive offers and promotions for our products and services from us, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you. If you log into SHDR Site, you may enter your personal page and manage your email and text notifications by clicking “Disney Communications”; if you log into SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform, you may enter your personal page and manage your text notifications by clicking “Communication Preferences”. Under both circumstances, you may choose whether to receive offers and promotions from SHDR and whether to receive offers and promotions from The Walt Disney Family of Companies.
7.3 Change the scope of your authorization or withdraw your authorization
- You may contact us at any time to withdraw your authorization and consent, including but not limited to opting out of facial recognition park entry;
- You may deregister your account on SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform in the account settings at any time, and we will delete such an account as soon as practicable. No matter if you log into the SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform, you may enter your personal page and click “Account Settings-Delete Account”. You will be asked to enter your password or verify the PIN code and confirm to proceed. The deregistration of the account will result in an irrevocable removal of all of your user data and account information; provided that in specific cases, such as if reasonably necessary for the performance of our statutory obligations or for dispute resolution, we will retain your information in the back end for the period necessary to achieve such purposes after the deregistration of a user account. In addition, once deregistered, you will not be able to redeem or use via SHDR Site, SHDR App or SHDR WeChat Platform certain products or services (including without limitation the Disney Standby Pass, coupons, the Early Park Entry Pass, the Disney Concierge Services or the Disney Premier Access) obtained or purchased by you (for details, please contact 400-1800000 (mainland China) or +86-21-3158-0000 (all other countries/regions)).
- Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you or you withdraw your consent or request for deleting your account, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate.
- If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact the Disney Reservation Center at 400-1800000 (mainland China) or +86-21-3158-0000 (all other countries/regions) and we will reply to you within 15 working days from receipt of such an inquiry.
Back to top of page
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
8.1 SHDR Site, SHDR App and SHDR WeChat Platform are age-gated so they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information of children, we ensure that we follow these principles including:
- Disclosing our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information of children we may collect, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- To the extent required by applicable laws, obtaining consent from guardians for the collection of personal information of their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information of children to no more than is reasonably necessary to provide our services, for example, children to participate in an activity, to comply with legal requirements or to achieve other legitimate purposes under the law; and
- Giving guardians access or the ability to request access to personal information of their children that we have collected and the ability to request that the personal information be corrected, supplemented or deleted according to law.
8.2 We will collect children’s personal information from when:
- a guest redeems Annual Pass for his or her child, he or she will need to provide the name, Government ID number and take and submit to us a photo of such child for the purpose of identity verification for the Annual Pass; and the user opts in to Facial Recognition park entry for his or her child, he or she will need to take and submit to us a photo of such child for the purpose of park entry;
- a guest applies for ad hoc activities for his or her child, for example, if a guest would like his or her child to participate in Disney Inspiration Run, we will collect the name, Government ID number, gender and date of birth of such child;
- a guest applies for complimentary vouchers, ticket refund, emergency healthcare service or other relevant services for his or her child, we will collect necessary and relevant personal information of such child. The specific types of personal information will depend on the specific circumstance of the service;
- we need such information to protect our legitimate interests or public interests, for example, for the purpose of pandemic control or maintaining public security.
Back to top of page
9. DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
9.1 The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
9.2 We have an emergency plan against network security incidents (including personal information related security incidents) to promptly deal with system bugs, computer viruses, network attacks, network invasions and other security risks. In case of an event with damage to the network security, we will immediately initiate the emergency plan, take relevant remedial measures and report to competent authorities as required by applicable laws and regulations. We will notify you in a timely manner of such event by SMS, telephone, email or such other means of contact as provided by you. If it is difficult for us to notify the users one by one, we will make a public announcement through reasonable and effective means.
Back to top of page
10. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
Back to top of page
Back to top of page
12. COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information (including requesting access to, correction or deletion of your personal information or making a privacy complaint), please contact our Disney Reservation Center at 400-1800000 (mainland China) or +86-21-3158-0000 (all other countries/regions). We will reply your enquiries or complaint within 15 working days upon receipt.
Back to top of page
13. DEFINITIONS APPLICATION
Children means individuals under 18 years of age.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSOR
as defined in the applicable laws or national standards of the People's Republic of China.
An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites and applications, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Non-personal information includes (i) anonymous information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest and (ii) aggregated information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Personal information means information related to an identified or identifiable natural person that is recorded electronically or otherwise, excluding anonymized information, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
THE WALT DISNEY FAMILY OF COMPANIES
The Walt Disney Family of Companies refers to The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names. These companies engage in a number of businesses, including theme parks and travel, motion pictures and television, publishing, consumer products and interactive services. The Walt Disney Company brands include, among others, the following:
- ABC Entertainment
- ABC News
- Adventures by Disney
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
- Bamtech Media
- Buena Vista Catalog Company (including Disney Movie Club)
- D23 | The Official Disney Fan Club
- Disney Baby
- Disney Channels & DisneyNOW
- Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Digital Network
- Disney Family Movies
- Disney Movie Insiders
- Disney on Broadway
- Disney on Ice and Disney Live!
- Disney PhotoPass Service
- Disney Rewards Visa Card
- Disney Vacation Club
- Disneyland Paris
- Disneyland Resort
- El Capitan Theatre
- ESPN CricInfo
- ESPN Deportes
- FX Networks
- Genx Entertainment Limited
- Hollywood Records
- Hungama TV
- Lucasfilm (Star Wars)
- Marvel Shop
- Marvel Digital Comics
- Pixar Animation Studios
- Radio Disney
- Read Riordan
- The Undefeated
- 30 for 30 Podcasts
- United Home Entertainment Private Limited
- UTV Software Communication Limited
- Walt Disney Pictures
- Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
- Walt Disney World Resort
Back to top of page